Sunday, April 12, 2009

My Brother Michael Came to Visit


Friday afternoon, we got a call from Michael saying that he planned on being in our neck of the woods while taking the girls home from Spring Break.


So we got to spend a lovely evening with Michael, Deb and the girls. The girls stayed the night and Michael and Deb came back in the morning to pick them up. After taking a few pics, they left for home again. It was a very nice surprise for us and the kids.
I was able to find out a little bit more about what to expect upon completion of my internship. I will tentatively be scheduled for my technical evaluations the second week of October. They will evaluate both my piloting and mechanical aptitude and skill. The evaluations are quite intense, but I am confident that God has been preparing me for both and I will be ready by the time the internship is over.
There is a cost associated with the evalutation. I am responsible to pay for the airplane usage which will amount to just under $2000. We will be praying that God will provide for that by October.
For now, we are very content to be where we are at. My schedule is working out great to enable me to spend a lot of time with the family. The kids are off school for spring break until Friday.


Friday was a day off. We decided to do our weekly grocery run on Friday instead of Saturday and do some sight seeing in Monroe. We went to a supermarket that one of Maggy's new friends told us about that catered mostly to the hispanic population. We found their prices were very reasonable and the selection of hispanic foods was better even than in Tampa!


It was nice to make that find.


Maggy is suffering pretty badly with allergies again. Hopefully the blooming will be over soon and she can get back to normal.

No comments: