Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Hangar Work
















Here are some pics of the JAARS hangar with some of the airplanes in it. Helio Couriers, R-44, Kodiak, etc.










Today work got more interesting. I have been washing and waxing an airplane getting it ready for an airshow this summer. Not very exciting, but at least I was touching a real airplane! Today I was given an assignment to rebuild a tailwheel section of a Helio. It really got me into the work! I had to hunt for a big list of parts, clean, paint, rivet, build parts we didn't have...a whole bunch of stuff! It is very fun being part of a large repair station with cool tools and the ability to make a part if your stock room doesn't have one!










We have been meeting more people and having a great time talking about missions in general, JAARS and other such stuff.










We do miss our friends and family in Tampa, though. As we get settled into our routine and some of the newness wears off, we miss you all more! Thanks for all the emails. I will be answering them all and hope they keep coming! They are very encouraging.





No comments: