Tuesday, August 18, 2009

More News

We have been busy settling back into Tampa life and it has been good. It is always good to get back home even though this will only be home for us for a short while longer. It has been good reconnecting with friends and family.

Maggy has the kids enrolled in school and they are ready to begin next week. She has most of our household stuff transferred back to Florida life and now just waiting for baby Jennifer to decide when she well make her grand entrance to the world! We are all in good health and in good spirits. Great is our God!

While I did get some hope of getting some work from the flight school, I have not been called in yet. I will continue checking in with them, but I am getting the feeling that God may want me to be full time in preparation for our move. I certainly have plenty to keep me busy for the time being and I will make very good use of my time while I don't have any work. In the mean time, he is providing for us very faithfully. Thank you to those who are giving to us to sustain us!

Also, I have discovered that I qualify for a Federal Pell Grant, so I will take advantage of having some time and take some more courses at a local college toward a Bachelor's Degree. My mechanic school credits transfer to a local community college and combined with past college courses, I am not that far from the B.A.S. More education can't hurt and I had been wanting to take some financial management classes anyway. Thanks God for the opportunity!

As for the airplane, it turns out that that particular one was not in God's plan as it was sold last week. I will be continuing to search for an airplane as I still feel strongly that one is needed before I go down, so that I won't have to return to buy one later. Some money has been given for the project and we will continue looking to God to provide the rest. Looking at the previous one was a great experience as I learned more about the process and about that particular airplane as well. We will wait on God to provide in his time.

There is one item of praise that I have been forgetting to mention. I had been concerned about my weight since I knew I would be flying small airplanes. Not that I had ever heard that any mission group had a max weight for pilots, but if I could lose some weight and still be healthy, then that would be more cargo or fuel that could be carried making my flying more useful. Since most of you who know me know that I abhor exercise and rather enjoy mealtime, I knew it would only be through God's strength that I would be able to do it. I stuck to my diet while in NC and continued my exercise and he blessed me! I was able to lose about 40 lbs and I feel great and know that I am much healthier. I even started playing soccer with the college age kids and was somewhat able to keep up with them!

No comments: